Thursday, May 21, 2009

Driving Miss Daisy......

One of the things I love about my husband is, he always makes me laugh. He must have been a comedian in a former life because he is hilarious! There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't make me crack up in one way or another. Let's just say, most days I never know what I am going to get! Some days it drives me crazy, but I love that about him....it's just him. On one of the particularly funny days, we were visiting my parents in Lake Oswego, Oregon. We needed to run errands so we borrowed my Dad's car to go to the grocery store. Of course Jamie drove because he does not like me driving if he is in the car. I am a great driver by the way so I don't know what the issue is! So anyway, we get to the grocery store and pull into the parking lot. I just needed to run in and pick up a couple of things so Jamie said he would wait in the car. As I am getting out of the car (which happens to be a luxury car, and this only matters because of what comes next) Jamie sticks his head out of the window, and in his best Southern accent, with a huge smile on his face, says, "Okay Miss Daisy I'll be sittin' right here waitin' for ya! You be careful now Miss Daisy!" I almost died! The parking lot was full of people walking around, and remember we were in Lake Oswego, Oregon...not exactly a melting pot. I think I turned 500 shades of red and Jamie just sat in the car cracking up while people stared at us! Hilarity at it's best! Once in a while when we are in just the "perfect area," he will pull this lovely little comedic rabbit out of his hat for a re-run, and each time I am just as embarrassed, and each time it is just as funny! Next time I'm driving! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy: I loved that story -- hadn't heard it before. There is another funny scenario -- if Jamie and I had gone to the store, he was driving and said that when I got out of the car. I am about the age of Miss Daisy! Mom

Amy Wise said...

I thought I had told you that one before. =) He also did it to Rhea one time when they were going to the bank way back when they both worked at Sharper Image. Hilarious!! He gets me every single time. So funny!! Love Amy

Anonymous said...

I read this and laughed! I can just hear Jamie saying this. He is a comedian and he always throws these zingers out at the funniest (and sometimes most awkward!!!) times. I will say that laughter is absolutely the best medicine and he is wonderful in that way.
Lori

Amy Wise said...

Yeah Lori it is pretty hilarious when he does it! Soooo embarassing! =) Laughter is the best medicine for sure!