Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If You Celebrate it....Say it!!



The holidays are such an amazing time of year. They bring out the best in all of us. As I decorate, shop, and take in all the sights, sounds and smells of the season, I wonder, why can't it be like this all the time? What is it about the holidays that makes everyone just a little bit nicer and smile just a little wider?

We all might celebrate different holidays this season, but no matter which one we celebrate, it's all about peace and love. Right!? My mixed melting pot of a family happens to be Christian and we celebrate Christmas, but I love to share all the holidays with my amazing diverse group of friends. If we all took a moment to learn about each other's religions and celebrations, the unknown would now be known and the scary wouldn't be so scary anymore. It's not about condemning, it's about accepting. It's not about converting, it's about learning. There is nothing evil, or wrong, or "satanic" about a different religion....it's just that....different. Whether you celebrate Christmas, or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or nothing at all, it's your prerogative as a citizen of the world to do just that.....in peace.

So this year my wish for all of us is to learn about each other, accept each other, live with each other, and love each other. If you celebrate Christmas...I wish you a very merry Christmas. If you celebrate Hanukkah....I say, happy Hanukkah. If you celebrate Kwanzaa....I wish you happy Kwanzaa. If you are determined to be politically correct.....I wish you Happy Holidays! =)

It's okay to be proud of your religion and traditions as long as you respect what others celebrate as well. See how easy it is.....let's all stop walking on egg shells......if you celebrate it.....SAY IT!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! It's so true. I love your blog and that you are so open and honest about your experiences!

Tammy

Amy Wise said...

Tammy,

Thank you so much reading! Being honest and open is what I'm all about. Thank you for your comment!

Amy

NAY K. said...

Viernes, 17 de Diciembre 2010
Querida Amy & Jaime:
Christmas is my favorite holiday and December is my favorite month of the year followed by Easter. I buy gifts for my immediate family members and sometimes {if I have extra money} and no big debts, I buy for a few friends to.

Well for me since Christmas is my favorite holiday and December is my favorite month, I do often wish that it was celebrated as long as the Jewish holiday Chanukkah.

I start on the 24th with watching my Christmas movies, plus the ones that I have filmed when my sons were little tots. As for myself accepting other people holidays, I can do that especially with Chanukkah and all the Jewish holidays because after all, I speak some basic Hebrew (use to speak a lot) and I hope to visit Israel someday. I am a Christian and believe in the Bible Old testament and new.

I hold the Jewish holidays in high respect. However because I like all nationalities, which is why I speak a few phrases in Chinese, Russian, German and Arabic too.

Every race and nationalities on this planet has something beautiful to offer, if people only look and see the good. But personally, I am okay with all holidays (except Halloween) because to me, a person can’t celebrate spiritual in the Holy Spirit and at then celebrate something just totally the opposite. So in closing I usually send out some greeting cards with {Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah or Happy Kwanza}

Quote of the year: MAY THE CALENDAR KEEP BRINGING HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU. {NKD}

Amy Wise said...

Nay K.

I too love all the holidays. I am so in the spirit this year! It just makes my heart sing to see all the festivities. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!!!

A.